Content Marketing: Ten Questions To Ask Yourself Before Publishing Your Next Blog Post
Blogs are one important component of content marketing. The beautiful part about content marketing is that it can bring you hundreds, if not thousands, of social shares, new email subscribers, and tons of comments. But you have to do your content marketing right.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategy of producing and publishing information that builds trust and authority among your ideal customers. It’s a way to build community and relationships so that people feel loyal to you and your brand. It’s also a strategy for becoming recognized as a thought leader in your industry. And, perhaps most importantly, it’s a way to “sell your goods” without cold calls or traditional sales tactics.
Ten Questions To Ask Yourself Before Publishing Your Next Blog Post
Headline – Ask yourself these questions when composing your headline.
1. Would someone type my headline into Google? – If they would, then you are more likely to get search traffic.
2. Does my headline contain any popular keywords or phrases? – If it doesn’t, don’t expect to rank for any terms on Google.
Introduction – Every blog post should have an introduction. Here are some questions your should ask yourself when working on your introduction.
3. Am I hooking my readers with a question? – This is easy. Just remember to ask a question.
4. Did I include a picture? – You should always start your blog post with some type of media. Whether it’s a picture or a video, make sure it entices people to click through or continue reading and make sure it relates to your blog post.
5. Did I use subheadings? – Subheadings make it easier for readers to skim your content.
6. Did I link out to anyone? – When appropriate, link out to other websites. Then once you publish your post, you can email those sites and ask them to share it on their social profiles.
7. Are my paragraphs fewer than 5 or 6 lines? – Anything longer than this will seem overwhelming to readers.
8. Did I end my post with a question? – This is a great way to generate more comments. Remember to italicize this question.
9. Does my conclusion encourage people to read the content? – Sometimes people will scroll down and read the conclusion first. Make sure your conclusion entices people to read the entire post.
Promotion – I’m going to create a follow-up post solely on promotion and blog posts, because there is clearly more than 1 thing you should do in terms of promotion.
10. Have I repurposed my content? By turning your blog post into a PDF or a slide deck and sharing it on the Internet, you can get more traffic. Just submit different versions to sites like Slideshare, and your traffic will increase. Make sure you adjust and edit your content however. You don’t want to be hit by a duplicate content penalty from Google.
If you ask yourself the ten questions I posed above, you’ll quickly see that there’s a lot of work to be done to get successful results with your content marketing.
Don’t worry if you don’t have time to do everything. Just know that the more you do, the better off you’ll be.
So, did I miss anything? What other questions should you ask yourself before publishing another blog post?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!