Outlook, like most Microsoft programs, is full of hidden features that stay hidden and out of touch most of the time. A client recently asked how to export email from Outlook 2010 to Excel. This seems like a lot of steps, but if you follow them you’ll see that the entire process is quick and easy.
How to Export Email From Outlook 2010 to Excel
1. First, you need to move or copy all the emails you are interested in into their own folder.
2. Now go to the Outlook File tab.
3. Click “Options” in the left hand menu.
4. Outlook 2010 file menu
5. An Options dialog will pop up. From the left hand menu, Choose “Advanced” .
6. Advanced menu in Outlook 2010
7. Scroll down to the Export section on the right and hit the button marked “Export”.
8. Outlook 2010 Export Option
9. In the dialog that pops up, select “Export to a file” and click Next.
10. Choose file format “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and click Next.
11. Select the folder all your emails are in and click Next.
12. Pick a location and name for the new spreadsheet you want to create and click Next.
13. Click the “Map custom fields” button.
14. Decide which fields you want to export or just leave it as the default (everything).
15. Click finish and your file of exported email addresses will be created.
16. The file format will be CSV (“xxx.csv”) which is readable by Excel and can be saved as an Excel spreadsheet inside Excel.