Google Calendar is one of the best online calendars. I use it for work and play but recently had some trouble syncing the calendars I have view-only access to with my iPhone and iPad. Follow these instructions and you will be fully synced in no time.
Here’s how to get all of your Google calendars working on your iPhone or iPad:
- First, make sure your Google calendar is synced. The process is the same on all devices.
- Go to Settings. Then open Mail / Contact / Calendars.
- Next, select Add Account and Gmail. If you have already added your Gmail account, then instead of Add Account, choose Gmail from the list.
- Toggle the Calendar switch to On.
Next you must choose which calendars to sync to your phone or tablet:
- To do this, you need to visit www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect
- Make sure you are signed into your Google account. On this page you will see a list of all your calendars. Beside each calendar there is a check box.
- Tick the check boxes of the calendars you want to sync with the iPhone or iPad.
- Shared calendars that you don’t have administrative control over need to be selected individually, and the default setting is “Off”. This means that when a new calendar is shared, you will have to go back to https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and configure again.
- Click save.
- Open the Calendars app on your iPhone or iPad and wait for it to sync.