If you are like most businesses and non-profit organizations in the United States, the COVID-19 pandemic has completely upended life and work as you know it. Many businesses have seen gigantic decreases in revenue and with this change comes a new normal and new requirements for marketing your business during the crisis of all crises.
Social media posts are even more important in times of crisis. Since most people are stuck working from home, posting to social media is a way to interact and engage with clients. People are spending more time online so it’s critical that your company has a prominent presence. But how do you use social media the right way during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Here are a few quick tips for how to get social media right during the COVID pandemic:
- Post more often. This sounds simple but the key is to make customers feel like you are there with them. You can’t do this if you post one-off comments or notices sporadically.
- Post to popular hashtags authentically and contribute to online conversations.
- Ask your followers questions and engage in discussions with them.
- Use sponsored posts or ads to get the word out and build your following.
- Hold contests and giveaways to increase customer engagement. This also adds a bit of excitement during a difficult time.
- Remember to post on social media as well as your website. This makes it easier to answer customer or client questions in real time. You could even use those real time questions and answers for a future blog post on your website.