Did you know that 45% of businesses use promo videos on their home page?
Unlike other video content you may use on your website, promo videos give you a chance to introduce yourself and explain what you do.
You can use promo videos on your small business home page, services page, or a product landing page to promote:
- your products through demonstrations, 360 videos, etc.
- your company by educating visitors on your business history, your organization’s focus on philanthropy, strong leadership, or some other meaningful item worth highlighting.
- how a service works to improve the lives of others – this would work well for a non-profit organization.
- how a product works – what it does and why someone should buy it.
Promotional videos have powerful benefits for business.
Humanize Your Brand
Have you ever noticed how much more effective a marketing pitch is if it comes from a neighbor or a friend or a human being who’s making a friendly pitch? Promotional videos with a strong human element help visitors connect to your brand.
AirBnB does this extremely well. Take a look at their What is Airbnb video below.
Beat Your Competition
If your competitors don’t yet have a promotional video, beat them to the punch. Your promotional video will show your visitors that you, your product, or your process is more transparent than that of your competitors. And when they put up their promotional video, they might appear to just be copycats.
Keep Traffic On Your Website / Help Visitors Stay Longer
Promotional videos help visitors interact with your website in a new and sometimes more intimate manner. Many visitors prefer watching a video over reading content, so a promotional video can also help you sell your products.
Speak Their Language
For many service-based businesses, it can be difficult to explain to prospective customers what you do or why they may need your service. This is even more true for tech companies or companies selling complicated products. A promotional video with a layman speaking can serve to cut through technical jargon.
Start A Conversation
If you have a brand new website or business, a promo video can initiate the conversation or experience a prospective customer may have with a brand.
Give Visitors Something To Share
People love sharing videos. 92% of people who watch videos on their phones share them with others. As long as the videos are configured so that they are responsive and work on mobile devices, they’ll basically have no excuse to not share yours.
This Old Spice video has 54,579,655 views on YouTube:
Increase Search Visibility
If you have great content, people will spend more time on your website. The more time that people spend on your website, the bigger reward Google will have for you in terms of search visibility.
How to Make a Great Promo Video
There are certain trends and phenomena that great promo videos have in common. These are:
- Great promo videos are short. Usually less than 60 seconds in length.
- Great promo videos are fun and engaging.
- Great promo videos are located on relevant pages, landing pages, product pages, and always at the top of the page.
- Great promo videos always have a call to action.
- Great promo videos are always high quality. They don’t have to be high budget but they don’t have spelling errors or rough cuts.
It’s very important to only use high quality videos. You would never throw content on your website that’s half completed or full of errors. You also wouldn’t leave broken links on your site or use tiny images or text that visitors can’t see or read. A promotional video needs to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the content on your site and a low quality production could compromise that.